Data Entry Rules
To enter the absolute minimum contact data in the database. It is the responsibility of each sales person to enter the data and ensure it is correct.
- SP opens Database and goes to the “Retrieve” screen
- Select the blue icon in the top toolbar to add a new customer
- Select “YES” when asked if you want to continue creating a new customer. A new blank record will be created.
- In the first merge field at the top left select the contacts “Title” (i.e. Mr, Mrs etc)
- Enter Last Name & First name
- Enter all the telephone numbers you have
- Enter customer’s full address. Do not omit any address fields if the customer is a potential vendor or past client.
- Select the “Other” tab
- Select the category/s of the contact
- Select the source/s of the contact
- Select the save icon near the top middle of the customer card, this will open the customer contact window.
- Select “OK” to close
- If the contact is a potential vendor select the “to sell” tab
- Select “add property” on the right hand side of the screen
- You will now be asked whether to copy the customers address or not. If the property to be sold is the address you entered in step “vii” select yes, if the property is another address select no
- If you selected yes the address details will be automatically entered in to the property screen at the bottom
- If you selected no, enter the property address in the blank property screen
- Select the “status” tab
- Change the status to appraisal and enter the date of the appraisal in the status date field
- Enter your estimate of value in the field provided. This must be written as a 6 digit number with no commas. ($400,000 is written as 400000)
- Select the save icon. Other property details may be entered now.
- Buyer Communication
- Buyer Inquiry Source Recording
- Commission Information
- Conducting Sales Meetings
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents