Auction Conduct and Assisting
This procedure contains the instructions for consultants when attending auctions.
- Unless a consultant already has appointments or their own auction, they should support colleagues and attend company auctions. The auction process gives the public opportunities to preview the company and its people. It is therefore vital that staff grooming and behavior is without reproach.
- Consultants standing in groups chatting amongst themselves is not acceptable conduct, they are encouraged to mingle with the crowd and offer assistance.
- Consultants at all times should encourage potential and current vendors / purchasers to attend company auctions to credential and market the company and its auctioneers.
- After the Auction, consultants must speak to interested parties and, if necessary, keep under bidding them just in case the Purchaser decides not to sign the contract.
Assisting at auction
- Ask listing agent what he/she would like you to do; most likely talk to any buyers and ask if they have any questions about auction (by this time in the campaign you should have an idea who these people are)
- Property brochures and newsletters are also good to hand out to anyone who comes through the open/auction
- Auction Authorities and Offers
- Auction Day
- Auction Flowers
- Auction Preparation
- Auction Tasks
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents