Principal purpose of position
The Finance Manager directs the overall financial plans and accounting practices of the organisation and oversees accounting, budget, tax and audit activities. Manages financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management and/or Board use.
Also directs and plans budget and cost controls, financial analysis and reports. Analyses and interprets financial data and may recommend and implement changes to improve systems and financial performance. Provides assessment of existing and proposed financial plans and policies and proposes changes to ensure organisation achieves financial targets.
Essential job functions:
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Administration Manager
- Environmental Manager
- First Aid Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents