Principal purpose of position
Directs organization’s safety programs to protect employees and the company against harm, and maintain safe working conditions. Formulates and suggest work safety standards, and enforces procedures.
Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions. Meets compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations.
Advises management on problem correction. Could supervise safety support staff.
Conducts investigations of accidents, and suggests preventive solutions. Examines potential unsafe working conditions. Directs activities of safety committee and may provide safety training. Performs safety inspections, and prepares reports.
Essential job functions:
- Audits facility for safety compliance to Federal and State regulations as well as Company requirements
- Act as Company representative at workers’ compensation hearings
- Develop Safety Coordinator, Team Leaders, and Department Managers through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist them in developing skills necessary to execute their health & safety responsibilities.
- Manage Health & Safety related communication flow and coordination between departments
- Act as consultant to the leadership team and hourly associates for all safety and health issues.
- Lead and/or participate in problem solving activities regarding safety and process concerns
- Ensure a safe workplace for all associates and visitors
- Recommend and implement the resolution of corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvement in Health & Safety programs.
- Establish, implement, and ensure compliance in investigating and reporting incidents involving injuries, property damage, and near misses
- Develop, promote, and maintain a Health & Safety Management system including policies, programs, and processes designed to identify hazards, assess risks
- Administration Manager
- Environmental Manager
- Finance Manager
- First Aid Officer
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents