Principal purpose of position
The Administration Manager coordinates and directs administrative support functions for an office or department. Implements policies and procedures, assigns duties and directs activities for production of documents, work flow, filing, ordering of supplies, answering phones, records maintenance, and other clerical services.
Organises office operations such as workspace assignment and layout and may assist in decision process for hiring, terminating, promoting, or evaluating office personnel.
Supervises administrative or clerical support personnel. Examine work flow and revise processes as necessary to improve efficiency.
Essential job functions:
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Purchases printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Environmental Manager
- Finance Manager
- First Aid Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents