Application for Annual Leave must be made on the appropriate application form and must be approved by management before it is taken. We require at least 2 weeks notice, in writing, prior to the the commencement of annual leave.
Please refer to the employment agreement, which details sick leave entitlements.
Application for Sick Leave must be made on the appropriate application form and approved by management. All sick leave is recorded by Payroll.
If employees are absent for any more than two consecutive working days, they are required to produce a medical certificate covering the period of the absence. Medical certificates and applications for sick leave should be forwarded to the Manager for processing in the current pay period. Failure to submit a medical certificate may result in the absence being unpaid.
Should sick leave become regular or excessive, the company may request a medical certificate be produced for single day absences.
When sick leave entitlements are exhausted, sick leave may be taken either:
- without pay, or
- in lieu of annual leave
Application for Unpaid Leave must be made on the appropriate application form, stating the reason and submitted to management for approval or otherwise. Staff requiring leave beyond entitlements cannot be guaranteed approval. The following procedure will apply:
- Short Term Absences – Leave without pay for any period of time requires approval from management.
- Extended Sick Leave – Leave without pay is subject to satisfactory medical evidence of sickness.
- Other Leave without Pay – All other leave requests must be submitted in writing and will be referred to management for consideration.
Long Service Leave
Refer to the Award and to the Letter of Appointment.
For Maternity, Bereavement, Marriage and other special leave entitlements, please refer to specific policies, the Award and to the Letter of Appointment.
Public Holidays will be observed according to the gazetted holidays in [YOUR STATE] unless otherwise specified in an employment agreement.
- Acknowledgement By Employee
- Attitude To Safety In The Workplace
- Communication Of Policies and Procedures
- Company Owned Motor Vehicle Policy
- Emergencies Accidents and Threats
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents