Receipt Of Goods and Conformity Of Supply
To ensure that product received has actually been received and that it conforms to our requirements.
Also to segregate product that does not conform.
If appropriate we can request the right to inspect products and services at the supplier’s premises, at agreed stages.
Where specified, our customers may also be given the right to verify at our supplier’s premises, that the product to be supplied confirms to their specified requirements.
Goods Receiving and Accounts Payable Staff
- Receive Materials
- check against delivery docket/purchase order
- initial delivery docket
- staple delivery docket to purchase order and hand to accounts payable
- check quantity
- check damage
- check specifications
- check for documentation (MSDS or other)
- Product has problems
- Confirm to accounts payable that issues exist with the product
- set product aside (WHERE)
- clearly mark “NON-CONFORMING NOT TO BE USED”
- Arrange for disposal/replacement with supplier
- inform Manager (WHO)
- Manager to consider status of supplier on supplier register
- If product passes inspection and is ready for immediate use
- start use
- If product passes inspection and is not for immediate use
- place in stock storing Hazmat per MSDS
- all other stock stored safely and securely until used.
- Cheque Signing and Authority
- Managing Petty Cash
- Payment Approval (paying For What We Get)
- Purchase Orders (ensuring A Paper Trail Exists)
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents