Payment Approval (paying For What We Get)
To confirm receipt of product before payment and to ensure we only pay for what we have received and that non-conforming product is not paid for.
This is a significant area of leakage in virtually every business. This procedure was drafted to ensure that we only pay for what we have physically received and checked to ensure what we have received is what we purchased.
- Purchase order has been raised
- goods received into site and checked.
- delivery docket received by accounts payable and married to a purchase order.
- Invoice received and married to purchase order/delivery docket
- Cheque prepared and attached to the front of the invoice/delivery docket/purchase order OR Electronic Transfer stamp on invoice with details complete
- Payment noted in Accounting Package (provide step by step process for doing this)
- Note any discounts available for early payment and take advantage where possible
- otherwise hold payments until due date
- Note cheque number, details and mailed date in Cheque Register
- Cheque Signing and Authority
- Managing Petty Cash
- Purchase Orders (ensuring A Paper Trail Exists)
- Receipt Of Goods and Conformity Of Supply
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents