Handing Over Key
This procedure contains the instructions for handing over the keys to a property at settlement.
- Check Settlement List daily check to see if there are any settlements for that day
- Keys are not to be handed out to purchaser until you have been advised by the Vendors Solicitor only that settlement has taken place.
- If purchaser comes in for keys and you have not heard from the V/Solicitor you must telephone them/ if you are unable to speak to them you must advise purchaser that you are not legally allowed to hand keys out without the authorisation of the V/Sol.
- If you are unable to confirm settlement contact your manager for further instruction.
- Once settlement has taken place record in red in day book ie.
Settled 3 Smith St, Your Town Settled
- When purchaser comes in, see if selling agent is in office, if not give purchaser card, gift box and keys in envelope (should be pre-prepared by Client Services and located next to Lexmark printer) and congratulate them on their new home.
- Prior to handing over keys, politely ask to see some photo identification to verify that the keys are being handed to the purchaser. If someone other than the purchaser is collecting the keys with instruction to do some from the purchaser, a note needs to be made stating who the keys were collected by.
- If keys are being collected on a weekend, check in the Day Book that settlement has been recorded, or failing that, check the property with the Sales Manager.
- Confirming Settlement
- Key Procedure
- Purchaser and Vendor Communication At Settlement
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents