4.5.2 Incident Investigation- Corrective and Preventive Action
[enter-your-company-name-here] has established, implemented and maintains procedures for;
- investigating, responding to and taking action to minimise any harm caused from incidents;
- investigating and responding to system failures; and
- initiating and completing appropriate corrective and preventative action.
[enter-your-company-name-here] implements and records any changes in the OH&SMS procedures resulting from incident investigations and corrective and preventative action.
- Whenever an incident occurs, it shall be reported immediately to the OH&S manager. The OH&S manager or other responsible person shall initiate immediate action to minimise any harm and prevent a reoccurrence. If necessary, any process or machinery that has caused or may have contributed to the incident shall be halted or withdrawn from service until a full investigation has been completed, the cause established and measure taken to eliminate or reduce the risk of a reoccurrence.
- The OH&S manager shall ensure that all information, data, witness statements etc is collected without delay and that the appropriate forms are completed. Any reports from the emergency services, hospitals, doctors etc shall be collected and held by the OH&S manager.
- The OH&S manager shall conduct an urgent and thorough investigation of the incident. The OH&S manager shall keep detailed records of all interviews, witness statements, tests and circumstances relating to the incident. Where appropriate, the OH&S manager shall arrange for specialised or expert assistance with the investigation.
- The OH&S manager and the OH&S committee shall review the results of the investigation and identify any system failures that may have caused or contributed to the incident. When a system failure is identified, it shall be rectified without delay and all procedures, documentation, forms etc changed. Any changes shall be published in newsletters, on notice boards and/or discussed at staff meetings.
- The OH&S manager shall ensure that corrective and preventative action is initiated to prevent a reoccurrence of the incident. [enter-your-company-name-here] will provide the necessary resources to support the corrective and preventative action.
- 4.5.1 Monitoring and Measurement
- 4.5.3 Records and Records Management
- 4.5.4 Ohandsms Audit
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents