The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that methods are instituted to prevent damage and/or deterioration when handling product and materials. The Handling procedure applies to product and material from initial receipt until final shipping and delivery.
The handling of products and materials shall be monitored and controlled from the point of receipt, through storage and shipping.
Applies to product while on company property during manufacturing, warehousing and shipping.
Responsible Manager and/or Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for:
- Determining special handling requirements
- Creating reference procedures
Handler is responsible for:
- Implementing standard and special handling procedures
- “Handler” means the person who arranges product for delivery or receives, manufactures, moves, stores or packages the product.
- “Responsible Manager” means the individual directly responsible for ensuring a high-quality organisation by complying with policies or procedures.
Handling – General
Standard handling practices shall be considered acceptable unless special handling is required.
Handling through manufacturing and warehousing shall:
Preserve lot integrity
Protect from damage and/or deterioration
Prevent contamination or other adverse effects
Prevent unauthorized release
Care shall be taken when handling product to prevent any damage and/or deterioration.
Special handling procedures shall be used as determined by the Responsible Manager.
Special handling procedures shall be prepared and implemented for handling materials that may be biological, radioactive, explosive, flammable, highly pressurised, corrosive or reactive.
Proper training shall be implemented, as required, when following special handling procedures, to ensure a safe level of handling.
Special handling may be required for temperature-sensitive materials and product. Heat-sensitive items under temperature control shall be monitored as required.
- Physical Inventory
- Product Storage
- How to use bottlenecks in your business to help you write effective standard operating procedures (SOP)
- SOP Software to help you manage your standard operating procedures (SOP)
* Please read our disclaimer before downloading any of our documents